Sunday, December 23, 2012

Quite the day today was!!! My chronic pancreatitis (CP) was acting up all day!! LOTS  of pain & nausea but luckily no vomiting!! I'm getting thru it but I've had a headcold for about a week & in the last 3 days my ears have been bothering me. Yesterday I tried to go to a local urgent care clinic but they were overbooked with patients so I couldn't be seen. So, I went first thing this morning at 9:20AM. They didn't open until 10:00 AM yet I was already 4th in line!!! Thank God I went early because by the time I left she had closed the line. There was a 3 hour wait & it was going to take her past closing time!!

Turns out I have an established ear infection in one ear & the beginnings of an infection in the other!! I don't remember when the last time I had an ear infection was but HOLY COW!!! My ears are killing me!! I'm on an antibiotic and I have a local anesthetis for my ears but the pressure is what is getting to me!! And, dealing with the abdominal issues at the same time, I'm having a hard time getting comfortable. I'll get thru it but, man, I'm uncomfortable!!

I'm trying to deal with the fact that I most likely will not hear from the oversight committee until after the new year. I'm so anxious to get a date for my TP-IAT & the waiting, althought I know it's the hardest part, is getting very annoying. In my opinion, it's ridiculous that this extended period of time has to pass before they can make a decision. I know I'm not the only one they are deliberating on, but they are dealing with people's lives. I'm always afraid when I get abdominal pain that I will end up in a flare that can't be managed at home & I'll have to be admitted to the hospital. I guess I'll just have to keep praying that they come to a decision sooner rather than later. Thanks for letting me vent!!

I am excited and optimistic about the surgery due to the fact the transplant surgeon wants me to get my preop labs done & also, see the endocrine or diabetes docotor. If he didn't think the decision was going to come back positive then he probably wouldn't have me do these things. So, I guess I'll just have to take it step by step!!

Merry Christmas Eve's Eve!!!!

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment